Blue Cross And Blue Shield Of Illinois - Ridiculous hold times

I have to call BCBS of Illinois numerous times throughout the day and the hold times are still running over an hour!!I can see that happening at the beginning of the year, but not now.

I can't use their website "Availity" because it will not give me any info on deductibles, so I am forced to waste the majority of my days on hold with ridiculous music that just keeps playing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois needs to get their act together!!

More Review Details

Helpful? 6 Yes 6 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 06, 2014 #824486 Chicago, Illinois

The coverage calculation is also messed up with BCBSIL and the copay is not the amount that is shown on the ID card. Because their customer service will make callers wait for hours, I don't even bother calling them. The online information is also messed up, and when my employees check the policy and coverage information, previous year's policy information and the current year's information is all mixed up. The correct information is not accessible and the customer service is not easily accessible, and it is already middle of the year. This whole Obamacare thing messed up everything, BCBSIL messed up our policy, lied about grandfathering the policy, and manipulating coverage calculation. Seriously considering to sue BCBSIL.

May 15, 2014 #815556

I am a providers office, so deductibles printed on the card don't do me any good. I need to know what's been met. Also their website Availity does not show me what I need to know either. My only option is to call them, so the STILL very long wait times are getting old

Apr 17, 2014 #806191 Dallas, Texas

Your deductibles should be listed on your I.D.Cards mine are.

Apr 15, 2014 #805208 Los Angeles, California

Also, maybe try calling when they open, and not during their peak hours.
ALSO ALSO the access to the website is functional, you just have to be able to follow simple directions.

Apr 15, 2014 #805204 Los Angeles, California

Why would it not be busy now? Open enrollment just ended on March 31st.
I know for a fact if you had a question you could call their 8888995282 number to talk to enrollment and get around customer service. Just don't be rude to us, since we are here to help those complaining about "hour long wait times".

Mar 13, 2014 #794219 Arlington Heights, Illinois

I feel your pain. I also have BCBS of Illinois. I called a few days ago and was told the wait was over 90 minutes!! Get this, I paid for 6 months all at once. Every single month since, I've received a bill for my premium. I just want to make sure that i am actually covered as it shows they cashed my check. And yes, that 0n-hold music is driving me nuts as well! it's all so very frustrating.

Bill Dawes

Mar 13, 2014 #794550 Chicago, Illinois

They are a train wreck. It feels like they have maybe two people working in their call center. It's virtually impossible to get through and speak to them. Can't even imagine how much flack those two must get when a customer actually does get through.
Terrible company, terrible customer service, and I think it's going to get worse, not better.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Blue Cross And Blue Shield Of Illinois. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Blue Cross And Blue Shield Of Illinois.
Filing a new complaint about