I signed up for a policy with BC/BS of Illinois through the Affordable Care Marketplace on December 12, 2013.Later, I decided I wanted a different policy, so on December 19, 2013, I terminated the first policy (Bronze level) and signed up for a new one (Silver level).

As of today, January 30, 2014, I do not have coverage because BC/BS keeps billing me for the TERMINATED Bronze policy (active in THEIR system) and has the status of my new Silver policy as PENDING. Repeated phone calls to the company get me nowhere, even when the matter is supposedly being "expedited." If I pay for the Bronze policy, I'm stuck with it for a year. (And is it even valid when that policy is terminated in the Marketplace?) I can't pay for the Silver policy because BC/BS won't activate it.

So even though I've followed all the rules, I'm stuck.What am I supposed to do if I get sick or have an accident?

Had an Experience with Blue Cross And Blue Shield Of Illinois?

Comments

Manhattan, Illinois, United States #783206

I am in a very similar situation.I had my own BC/BS individual policy in place for over 20 years with dependents.

Everything was fine until the govt. got involved in the health care business. I was told my old policy did not meet Unaffordable Care Act standards. I signed up for a new policy and paid the premium.

Then I was told I could keep my old policy in order to cover for the fact that our president lied. I said Yes, I'll keep my old policy. That was a HUGE mistake. They sent me a bill for over $1700 for the old policy which I paid.

That was over 3 weeks ago and I have absolutely nothing to show for it. I show up as having NO coverage at all even though I have paid for 2 policies. I have called numerous times, each time rotting on hold for anywhere from 20-60 minutes. Even after ALL these calls, no one can actually do anything for me.

This is such a glaring example of the ineptitude of our politicians who told us this was a solution.For me it has been nothing short of a nightmare.

to JuJuBee #785938

I too have had my Valid 2014 BCBSTX policy cancelled by BCBS.They told me the Healthcare.gov sent an electronic termination notice.

I have tried to work with BCBSTX to no avail. They say it is fixed in 24 to 48 hours and then they say it is not. There is nothing they will do to rectify the situation. Calling Healthcare.gov is no better.

They are idiots and will not look into it. I am lost in this never never land. BCBSTX is half baked like Healthcare.gov is. They have the front end, but the back end is not there.

They will take your money, but they don't have claims online, Policy booklets, payment history working on their BCBSTX Blue Access for members working.:zzz :upset :sigh

Richardson, Texas, United States #780913

If you think that is bad,I signed up with BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD on the same date that you signed up right,After several call's i still have not recieved my "ID MEMBERSHIP CARD".BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD SUCKS BIG TIME.How much effort does it take to send out an ID MEMBERSHIP CARD.But blue cross blue shield does not miss a beat when it is time to pay your bill.HealthCare.Government sucks as well,They should be more active in making sure people get what they pay for.But i guess after they get your money know one care's.By the way i am in Texas.