I have to call BCBS of Illinois numerous times throughout the day and the hold times are still running over an hour!!I can see that happening at the beginning of the year, but not now.

I can't use their website "Availity" because it will not give me any info on deductibles, so I am forced to waste the majority of my days on hold with ridiculous music that just keeps playing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois needs to get their act together!!

Had an Experience with Blue Cross And Blue Shield Of Illinois?

Comments

Chicago, Illinois, United States #824486

The coverage calculation is also messed up with BCBSIL and the copay is not the amount that is shown on the ID card.Because their customer service will make callers wait for hours, I don't even bother calling them.

The online information is also messed up, and when my employees check the policy and coverage information, previous year's policy information and the current year's information is all mixed up. The correct information is not accessible and the customer service is not easily accessible, and it is already middle of the year.

This whole Obamacare thing messed up everything, BCBSIL messed up our policy, lied about grandfathering the policy, and manipulating coverage calculation.Seriously considering to sue BCBSIL.

I am a providers office, so deductibles printed on the card don't do me any good.I need to know what's been met.

Also their website Availity does not show me what I need to know either.My only option is to call them, so the STILL very long wait times are getting old

Dallas, Texas, United States #806191

Your deductibles should be listed on your I.D.Cards mine are.

Los Angeles, California, United States #805208

Also, maybe try calling when they open, and not during their peak hours.

ALSO ALSO the access to the website is functional, you just have to be able to follow simple directions.

Los Angeles, California, United States #805204

Why would it not be busy now?Open enrollment just ended on March 31st.

I know for a fact if you had a question you could call their 8888995282 number to talk to enrollment and get around customer service.Just don't be rude to us, since we are here to help those complaining about "hour long wait times".

Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States #794219

I feel your pain.I also have BCBS of Illinois.

I called a few days ago and was told the wait was over 90 minutes!! Get this, I paid for 6 months all at once. Every single month since, I've received a bill for my premium. I just want to make sure that i am actually covered as it shows they cashed my check.

And yes, that 0n-hold music is driving me nuts as well!it's all so very frustrating.

to suzanne Chicago, Illinois, United States #794550

They are a train wreck.It feels like they have maybe two people working in their call center.

It's virtually impossible to get through and speak to them.

Can't even imagine how much flack those two must get when a customer actually does get through.

Terrible company, terrible customer service, and I think it's going to get worse, not better.